1. Get away with anything! People can’t get angry with babies. Splash dessert on a bride’s dress and nobody will say a word. Do that when you are older, and you’ll never hear the end of it.
2. Get foolproof revenge… babies can chew away their elder sibling’s homework and not be yelled at. In fact, it’s considered cute.
3. Be fussy about food. If you don’t like oatmeal, don’t eat it. Mum will give you whatever you like while we have to finish everything.
4. Watch as much TV as you want – baby shows look fun. Once you start school, TV time will be monitored.
5. Enjoy a stress-free life. No exams, no responsibilities and no need to work. All you have to do is eat, play and sleep. What a life!
6. Dirt is good. A healthy baby is an active one who gets dirty in the process. But a teen will be scoffed at and told to go change now!
7. Enjoy gifts galore. Teething biscuits, educational books, talking toy dogs… the list is endless.
8. Forgiveness is easily achieved. Almost all of your actions will be forgiven when you’re a baby. When you’re an adult, almost all of your wrong-doings are held against you.
9. No fashion traumas. Even a footie PJ fetches you compliments and wardrobe malfunctions are considered sweet.
10. Just holler and your needs will be met. When you’re older you’ll often hear, “get it yourself”.