CBE Sells T-bills For EGP 2 Bln
Published Sunday, 29 April 2012 15:23 |
Ministry of Finance said the yield on treasury bills rose and the Central Bank of Egypt sold only EGP 2 billion instead of the EGP 3.5 billion worth it had asked for at an auction on Sunday.
The average yield on the 266-day bills rose to 15.616 percent from 15.529 percent at the last issue on April 17.
The central bank sells the bills on behalf of the finance ministry.
Most Popular »
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Russia’s investment bank Renaissance Capital to open Egypt office
- Egypt's Eastern Co says to launch new cigarette brand
- Saudi Arabia has led tourist traffic to Egypt in 2016: minister
- Egypt parliament approves AfDB’s grant to restructure state's social lender