EBRD raised €700 million for Egypt private sector in 2015, 2016
Published Monday, 06 March 2017 20:52 | Written by Sanaa Allam
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) had provided financing of around €700 million ($740.6 million) to private sector projects in Egypt in the past two years, said an official in the bank on Monday.
Janet Heckman, Managing Director, Southern and Eastern Mediterranean Region, made her remarks during the Egypt-Spain Multilateral Partnership Meeting, which took place in Cairo earlier on Monday. The two-day event explores Egypt’s investment opportunities in infrastructure, energy, environment, and agriculture sectors.
EBRD supports and facilitates European investments in Egypt, including those from Spain, Heckman added.
Most Popular »
- Trump will seek cutting corporate tax rate to 15%: Treasury's Mnuchin
- McKinsey completes Suez Canal economic zone competitiveness study
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Egypt signals intent for joint gas projects with Romania
- Egypt expects new investment law to be issued in May