EBRD raised €700 million for Egypt private sector in 2015, 2016
Published Monday, 06 March 2017 20:52 | Written by Sanaa Allam
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) had provided financing of around €700 million ($740.6 million) to private sector projects in Egypt in the past two years, said an official in the bank on Monday.
Janet Heckman, Managing Director, Southern and Eastern Mediterranean Region, made her remarks during the Egypt-Spain Multilateral Partnership Meeting, which took place in Cairo earlier on Monday. The two-day event explores Egypt’s investment opportunities in infrastructure, energy, environment, and agriculture sectors.
EBRD supports and facilitates European investments in Egypt, including those from Spain, Heckman added.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s parliament may pass new investment law in 10 days: MP
- Trump’s administration weighing broad sanctions on North Korea: official
- South Korea's Park apologises, promises cooperation in graft probe
- US bans electronic devices on flights from 8 Muslim countries
- Man arrested at White House gate claimed Trump telepathy link