Egypt says to lower customs exchange rate to 15.75 pounds per dollar from 16
Published Tuesday, 28 February 2017 14:55 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad English
Egypt will lower its customs exchange rate to 15.75 pounds per dollar from 16, effective from next Wednesday, Minister of Finance Amr El-Garhy told Reuters on Tuesday.
The new rate will be set for two weeks, he said.
Egypt began setting a monthly fixed customs exchange rate in January following the flotation of its pound currency in November and has since moved to set it every two weeks.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s parliament may pass new investment law in 10 days: MP
- Trump’s administration weighing broad sanctions on North Korea: official
- South Korea's Park apologises, promises cooperation in graft probe
- US bans electronic devices on flights from 8 Muslim countries
- Man arrested at White House gate claimed Trump telepathy link