Egypt says to lower customs exchange rate to 15.75 pounds per dollar from 16
Published Tuesday, 28 February 2017 14:55 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad English
Egypt will lower its customs exchange rate to 15.75 pounds per dollar from 16, effective from next Wednesday, Minister of Finance Amr El-Garhy told Reuters on Tuesday.
The new rate will be set for two weeks, he said.
Egypt began setting a monthly fixed customs exchange rate in January following the flotation of its pound currency in November and has since moved to set it every two weeks.
Most Popular »
- Trump will seek cutting corporate tax rate to 15%: Treasury's Mnuchin
- McKinsey completes Suez Canal economic zone competitiveness study
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Egypt signals intent for joint gas projects with Romania
- Egypt expects new investment law to be issued in May