China, Egypt sign $71 million grant deal
Published Monday, 20 March 2017 17:59 | Written by Sayed Badr
Egypt and China have signed Monday a grant of $71 million to establish an Egyptian satellite and training centre for the Suez Canal Economic Zone Authority (SCZone).
Egyptian Minister of International Cooperation Sahar Nasr and China’s ambassador to Cairo, Song Aiguo have signed the grant agreement in Cairo.
The grant aims to finance the launch of the Egyptian satellite Egypt Sat 2 and the General Authority for Suez Canal Economic Zone’s training centre, Minister Nasr told reporters.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s parliament may pass new investment law in 10 days: MP
- Trump’s administration weighing broad sanctions on North Korea: official
- South Korea's Park apologises, promises cooperation in graft probe
- US bans electronic devices on flights from 8 Muslim countries
- Man arrested at White House gate claimed Trump telepathy link