China, Egypt sign $71 million grant deal
Published Monday, 20 March 2017 17:59 | Written by Sayed Badr
Egypt and China have signed Monday a grant of $71 million to establish an Egyptian satellite and training centre for the Suez Canal Economic Zone Authority (SCZone).
Egyptian Minister of International Cooperation Sahar Nasr and China’s ambassador to Cairo, Song Aiguo have signed the grant agreement in Cairo.
The grant aims to finance the launch of the Egyptian satellite Egypt Sat 2 and the General Authority for Suez Canal Economic Zone’s training centre, Minister Nasr told reporters.
Most Popular »
- Trump will seek cutting corporate tax rate to 15%: Treasury's Mnuchin
- McKinsey completes Suez Canal economic zone competitiveness study
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Egypt signals intent for joint gas projects with Romania
- Egypt expects new investment law to be issued in May