Egypt eyes mega construction businesses in five-year plan: minister
Published Wednesday, 15 March 2017 15:18 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad English
Egypt seeks to lure business volume of more than 1 trillion Egyptian pounds ($55.4 billion) in construction, building materials, and investment sectors in the next five years, the country’s minister of housing said Wednesday.
Business volume in these three sectors has recently reached 160 billion pounds.
The state is implementing ‘unprecedented’ completion rates in construction, building rates, and investments, Minister Mostafa Madbouly said during the second day of Builders of Egypt Forum, which kicked off earlier on Wednesday.“We are seeking a mega developmental and economic leap,” Madbouly added.
Most Popular »
- Trump will seek cutting corporate tax rate to 15%: Treasury's Mnuchin
- McKinsey completes Suez Canal economic zone competitiveness study
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Egypt signals intent for joint gas projects with Romania
- Egypt expects new investment law to be issued in May