220 Spanish firms operating in Egypt with $1.088 billion: GAFI head
Published Tuesday, 07 March 2017 15:46 | Written by Sanaa Allam
The number of Spanish firms operating in Egypt has reached 220, active in sectors of industry, real estate, and tourism, said head of Egypt's investment authority GAFI on Monday.
The capitals of the Spanish firms are totalling $1.088 billion, Mohamed Khodeir - chairman of Egypt's General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), further told Amwal Al Ghad.
Spain ranks 14th in the list of countries with largest investments in Egypt, Khodeir added.
The Egyptian industrial sector seizes 76 percent of Spain's investments in Egypt, followed by the service sector by 18 percent, construction by five percent, tourism by 7.5 percent, and other activities by one percent, respectively.
"Our country enjoys many available investment opportunities for Spanish investors, notably in fields of infrastructure as well as renewable and new energy," Khodeir added.
GAFI is keen on attracting different Spanish investors in order to expand and pump more new investments into the Egyptian market within the next period, he referred.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s parliament may pass new investment law in 10 days: MP
- Trump’s administration weighing broad sanctions on North Korea: official
- South Korea's Park apologises, promises cooperation in graft probe
- US bans electronic devices on flights from 8 Muslim countries
- Man arrested at White House gate claimed Trump telepathy link