Oil minister in Canada to showcase Egypt’s investment opportunities
Published Tuesday, 07 March 2017 20:55 | Written by Mahmoud Shaaban
Egyptian Minister of Petroleum Tarek el-Molla met Tuesday with Canadian Minister of Natural Resources Jim Carr to explore opportunities to boost bilateral cooperation.
El-Molla is currently in Toronto to attend the world’s leading mineral exploration and mining event -- the PDAC Convention, which takes place on March 5-9. The Egyptian minister will also take part in the International Mines Ministers Summit, on the sidelines of the PDAC, bringing mines ministers from around the world.
On the sidelines of the two events, El-Molla has held several meetings with some officials in Canada’s major consulting and financial institutions specialised in mining industry, in a bid to explore investment opportunities in Egypt’s mega national projects.
He met with officials in Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Baker McKenzie, showcasing the Egyptian government’s vision for the development of the mining sector, plans to issue the new mining law and other investment incentives.
The Egyptian minister further stressed his country’s commitment towards all prior, recent, and future agreements with foreign oil firms.
Most Popular »
- Trump will seek cutting corporate tax rate to 15%: Treasury's Mnuchin
- McKinsey completes Suez Canal economic zone competitiveness study
- Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt re-talks
- Egypt signals intent for joint gas projects with Romania
- Egypt expects new investment law to be issued in May