Etisalat Q2 Profit Up 17 Pct; To Focus On High Growth Mkts
Published Wednesday, 25 July 2012 15:36 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
The Abu Dhabi-based operator, which operates in 17 countries, saw higher revenue from its international operations partly offset slipping local business.
Etisalat second-quarter net profit of 1.9 billion dirhams ($517.28 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 1.59 billion dirhams in the year-earlier period.
Analysts forecast average profit of 1.78 billion dirhams, in a Reuters poll.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to 8.3 billion dirhams from 7.93 billion dirhams a year ago.
The former monopoly reported a 0.4-percent drop in revenue from its home market over last year while sales from overseas operations rose 14 percent to 2.3 billion dirhams.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- Talaat Mostafa buys land for development at Egypt's new capital city
- May's Conservatives on course for sweeping British election victory
- Saudi Arabia-Egypt trade exchange amount to $4.3 billion in 2016: minister
- Pope likens migrant holding centers to 'concentration camps'
- China’s Angel Yeast to build new yeast extract plant in Egypt