Processed meat 'could be bad for asthma'
Published 2016-12-25 10:22:48| Amwal Al Ghad English
Eating processed meat might make asthma symptoms worse, say researchers. Consuming more than four portions a week is a risk, suggests the study of nearly 1,000 French people, published in the journal Thorax. The researchers believe it could be a preservative called nitrite used in meats such as sausages, salami and ham that aggravates the airways. But experts say the link has not been proved and more investigations are needed. Rather than worry about one type of food, people should be eating a healthy and varied diet, they advise.
- Ahly holds on to draw at Bidvest and reach CL group stage
- Egyptian court dissolves Football Association board
- Egypt to stay top of FIFA’s Africa rankings
- Barcelona beats PSG and 5 other great Champions League comebacks
- Kidman explains her Oscars seal hands clapping
- Zamalek, Maqassa fined after controversial league game
- Actress Emma Watson responds to Vanity Fair photo controversy
- Abou-Treika not returning to Egypt for father’s wake, fears travel ban
- Oscars 2017 winners: the complete list
- Nasa announces 7 Earth-sized planets that could host water, life orbiting another star
A defensively-organised Ahly side held on to come up with a goalless draw against South Africa's Bidvest Wits away from home to qualify for the CAF Champions League group stage with an aggregate 1-0 victory. Going into the round of 32 return leg at BidVest Stadium in Johannesburg with an uncomfortable 1-0 lead from home, Hossam El-Badry's men managed to keep their opponents at bay for the majority of the game. The Egyptians had to endure some nervy moments at the end of each half, but were unlucky to see a one-on-one Amr Gamal denied by the woodwork just three minutes from time.
Nicole Kidman has finally revealed why she appeared to be clapping like a seal at this year's Oscars ceremony. Australian radio presenter Kyle Sandilands told the Lion star: "I told everyone you were clapping like that because you had the rings on and you didn't want to damage the rings." "You are so right Kyle," she replied. "It was really difficult because I had a huge ring on which was not my own, but was absolutely gorgeous and I was terrified of damaging it," she added.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s parliament may pass new investment law in 10 days: MP
- Trump’s administration weighing broad sanctions on North Korea: official
- South Korea's Park apologises, promises cooperation in graft probe
- US bans electronic devices on flights from 8 Muslim countries
- Man arrested at White House gate claimed Trump telepathy link