Below a list of the 10 most expensive international schools in Egypt, according to a data compiled by Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper.
Although the Ministry of Education announced that tuition fees should be collected in Egyptian pounds, international schools have announced their fees in US dollars and sterling pound along with its equivalent in Egyptian pounds.
10. Egyptian International School, with total fees of about 65,000 pounds.
9. El Alsson International School, with fees of about 85,000 pounds.
8. British Columbia Canadian International School, with fees of about 89,000 pounds.
7. Canadian International School, with fees of 103,000 pounds.
6. Choueifat International School, with fees of about 135,000 pounds, and 12,000 pounds for school bus.
5. British International School, with fees of about 161,000 pounds.
4. American International School, with fees of about 170,000 pounds.
3. Malvern College, with fees of 280,000 pounds, including 35,000 pounds registration fees, 15,000 pounds for school bus, and 5,000 pounds for lunch.
2. BISC in 6th of October City, owned by Mubarak-era businessman Ahmed Ezz, with fees exceeding 350,000 pounds. Although the school has not been licensed yet by the Ministry of Education, it announced the fees for the new year.
1. Cairo American College in Maadi, with fees for KG1 at US$24,000, equivalent to 400,000 pounds.
Source: Egypt Independent