What you need to know about Egypt coronavirus curfew
- Egypt has imposed a night-time curfew from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for two weeks starting Wednesday to counter the spread of coronavirus.
- All public and private mass transport will be halted from 7 pm to 6 am.
- Commercial outlets including malls will be closed from 5 pm to 6 am, with full closures on Friday and Saturday.
- The curfew decree includes a full closure of all restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightclubs, and food outlets can now only deliver.
- Supermarkets, bakeries, and pharmacies outside malls, are excluded.
- All government-to-citizen services – except for the Ministry of Health’s, will be halted.
- There will be a full closure of all clubs and youth centres.
- Those who violate the curfew will be subject to measures under Egypt’s emergency laws.
- Fines of up to 4,000 Egyptian Pounds ($253.9) and jail time will be imposed to all who violate curfew.