Get to know the White House’s reopening plan
U.S. President Donald Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force released on Monday additional guidelines on how states should proceed with the reopening their economies and boost testing.
Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, and Dr. Brett Giroir, Health and Human Services Assistant Secretary, presented the eight-part plan at a press briefing on Monday.
According to Giroir, the eight parts are grouped into three distinct phases. He said the U.S. has completed all parts of the first two phases, and is now working to fulfil phase three by supporting reopening state economies.
Below shows what the blueprint suggests, according to CNBC:
Phase 1: Launch
- Build the foundation for diagnostic testing
- Mobilise the private sector to develop tests
- Issue Emergency Use Authorisations (EUAs) for tests
- Galvanise commercial and research laboratories and professional associations to boost testing capacity
- Facilitate state efforts to access and utilise all available testing capacity
Phase 2: Scale
- Identify and expand public and private-sector testing infrastructure
- Strengthen testing supply chain
Phase 3: Support opening up again
- Coordinate with governors to back testing plans and rapid response programmes