Amwal Al Ghad, the leading economic magazine in Egypt and the Middle East, is holding its first annual event on January 20th, to honour the Economic Figures, Companies, Banks of the 2014.
In this respect, Amwal Al Ghad will hold a gala dinner at Fairmont Hotel in the presence of key CEOs of companies, public and private organsiations in Egypt.
During the celebrations, Amwal Al Ghad will announce the winners in its latest poll led in cooperation with the Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research (Baseera). It is the first and biggest comprehensive specialised poll of all the economic sectors in Egypt, conducted to select winners of the best performance throughout 2014, including officials, figures, companies and institutions. The poll is based on the number of decisions and services made by the nominees.
In addition, the magazine has made specialised polls and surveys for each sector in Egypt, resulting in having the first economic classification of its kind with admirable commitment to transparency.
Hence, Amwal Al Ghad’s list of winning figures includes Egyptian Supply Minister Khaled Hanafy with the best performance in Ibrahim Mahlab’s cabinet and business tycoon Naguib Sawiris – CEO of Orascom Telecom Media & Technology (OTMT).
The list has also included according to the professionals’ poll:
- Hisham Zaazou – Egyptian Minister of Tourism
- Sherif Samy – Chairman of the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority (EFSA)
- Hisham Ezz al-Arab – Chairman and Managing Director of Commercial International Bank (CIB)
- Mohamed El Sewedy – Chairman of the Federation of Egyptian Industries and Managing Director at Zaki Elsewedy Group
- Ibrahim El Araby – CEO of El Araby Group and Chairman of Cairo’s Chamber of Commerce
- Tarek Shoukry – CEO of Arabia Group for Real Estate & Tourism Investment
- Alaa El Zoheiry – Managing Director of Arab Misr Insurance Group – GIG
- Abed Ezz El-Regal – Chairman Gulf of Suez Petroleum (GUPCO)
Meanwhile, Amwal Al Ghad’s list of winning companies and institutions according to audience’s poll includes;
- National Bank of Egypt (NBE) as the most powerful bank in the banking sector
- Faisal Islamic Bank as the best Islamic bank
- Mobinil Company as the best service provider
- Hilton Hotel as the best hotel in Egypt
- Mall of Arabia as the best commercial mall
According to the specialists’ poll, the winners are;
- Travco Travel Egypt
- Emirates Airways
- Sixth of October Development & Investment Co – SODIC
- Orascom Telecom Media & Technology (OTMT)
- EFG-Hermes Holding Group
- Beltone Financial Holding Group
- Banque Du Caire
- Commercial International Bank (CIB)
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB)
- Misr Insurance
- Egyptian Life Takaful Company
- Juhayna Food Industries
- El Sewedy Electric
- Egyptian Steel
In this respect, Dina Abdel Fattah – Editor in Chief of Amwal Al Ghad – said the results reflect no doubt the economic development and revival witnessed in Egypt within the year. The poll highlights the role played by the economic figures in Egypt in supporting the national economy, she added.
Furthermore, Abdel Fattah also said the polls conducted and published in the annual issue of the publication are part of the Amwal Al Ghad’s role to encourage the country’s models of success in all economic sectors.