BREAKING: Egypt confirms 128 new coronavirus cases, 9 more deaths

Egypt has confirmed on Tuesday 128 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 1450, according to a healthy ministry statement.

The North African country also reported nine new deaths from the virus, a new record daily increase, bringing the total fatalities to 94, the statement said.

The newly infected cases are all Egyptian nationals who returned from abroad or were in contact with previously confirmed cases in Egypt, said health ministry spokesperson Khaled Megahed.

The total number of the fully-recovered cases surged to 276 on Tuesday, including a foreign man, all have been discharged from isolation hospitals, Megahed added.