EGX Weakly Upwards, Backed By Telecommunications

Big 5

Indices performance

EGX 30 index closed at 5,397 points, recording an increase of 0.5%. EGX index posted 1.2% loss, while EGX 100 index declined by 0.52% and concluded the week at 513 points and 869 points, respectively. EGX 20 Capped index declined by 0.03% and concluded the week at 6,378 points.

EGX 30 (L.E); opened at 5,369.97 ranged between 5,452.03 & 5,307.97 to close at 5,396.85 with 0.50% change. While EGX 30 (USD) opened at 3,022.20 and ranged between 3,066.35 & 2,987.60 to close at 3,036.27 with 0.47% change. EGX70; opened 519.14 ranged between 531.09 and 512.90 to close at 512.90, with a -1.20% change,  EGX100 opened at 873.14 ranged between 888.48 and 868.57 to close at 868.57, with a -0.52% change. DJ EGX Egypt Titans 20 opened at 1,188.94 ranged between 1,208.75 and 1,175.69 to close at 1,196.41, with a 0.63% change.

Sectors

Telecommunication trading volume reached 293.4 million shares with trading value 872.7 million, Financial services excluding banks trading volume reached 178.3 shares with trading value of 394.4 million, Real Estate trading volume reached 164.2 shares with trading value of 724.0 million, Travel & Leisure trading volume reached 69.6 shares with trading value 111.6 million.

Industrial Goods  and services and Automobiles  with trading volume of 32.4 shares to post a trading value of 158.1 million, Construction and materials  trading volume was 25.1 shares in a trading value of 314.7 million.

Personal and household Products trading volume was 24.9 shares in a trading value of 73.9 million, Food and beverage  trading volume was 18.2 shares in a trading value of 87.7 million, Banks trading volume posted 17.0 shares with trading value of 320.2 million, Basic Resources volume 16.4 shares trading value 132.3 million, Healthcare and pharmaceuticals volume 12.7 shares trading value 54.5 million, chemicals volume 12.4 shares trading value 197.3 million.

Trading:

The total value traded recorded 4.0 billion LE, while the total volume traded reached 893 million securities executed over 193 thousand transactions this week.

For the last week, the total value traded recorder 5.4 billion LE, while the total volume traded reached 936 million securities executed over 208 thousand transactions.

Stocks trading accounted for 97.33% of the total value traded of the main market, while the remaining 2.67% were captured by bonds over the week

The Main market recorded a total of 3,621.542 million EGP and a trading volume of 879.847 million shares in 190.986 thousands trades, Nilex recorded 7.414 million EGP and a trading volume of 2.231 shares in 1.079 thousands trades, While Over The Counter (OTC) recorded 326.615 million EGP trading value and 11.295 million shares trading volume amid 1.337 thousands trades.

Investors:

The Egyptians controlled 76.45% of the value traded during the week. Non-Arabic foreign investors accounted for 14.85 %, while Arab investors captured 8.70%, after excluding deals.

Non- Arab foreign investors were net sellers, with a net equity of 176.38 LE and Arab investors were net buyers, with a net equity of 161.72 LE, after excluding deals.

Worth mentioning that non-Arab foreign investors were net sellers, with a net equity of 447.31 million since the beginning of the year. Meanwhile, Arab investors were net buyers, with a net equity of 20.54 million LE, after excluding deals.

During this week, the institution accounted for 32.88% of the value traded, while the remaining 67.12% were for the individuals.

The institutions were net sellers during this week, with a net equity of 235.10 million, after excluding deals.

Comments
Loading...