Executive Committee: EGYPS 2020 will be bigger than ever
As preparations for the fourth edition of Egypt Petroleum Show is underway, the Executive Committee held its second meeting in Cairo on Sunday 29 September 2019.
Chaired by his Excellency Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Tarek El Molla, EGYPS 2020 Executive Committee discussed and assessed the progress made ahead of the highly anticipated show, which will take place at the Egypt International Exhibition Centre on 11-13 February 2020.
The Egypt Petroleum Show (EGYPS) 2020 will be of historic significance for more than one point of view.
Salman Abou Hamzeh, Vice President Energy, Middle East, said: EGYPS has been on a consistent upward growth curve since its inauguration in 2017, it is now the leading oil and gas exhibition and conference across Egypt, North Africa and the Mediterranean.This growth is mirrored by the bold strategy the Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum implemented to unlock the sector’s full value chain potential as a growth and a sustainable development engine for Egypt and the region.
Patrick Gedeon, Event Director Energy, Middle East, said: The demand for exhibition space that has been received so far is quite overwhelming, with 70% of halls sold out. The confirmed exhibitors are already reaching higher numbers than in previous years, due to the interest of the international companiesand country pavilions to explore the existing and new opportunities in the North African and East Mediterranean oil and gas rich markets.
Gedeon added ‘’EGYPS’s international country pavilions play a key role in enhancing bilateral trade, creating the opportunity for dialogue and long lasting cross country relationships. The presence of so many country pavilions underlines the importance of EGYPS for the region’s oil and gas industry. As such, EGYPS has 14 countries from Bahrain, Canada, China, Cyprus, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Norway, Scotland, UAE, UK, USA, and most recently India.
Supported by the Minister of Petroleum and sponsored by ExxonMobil, EGYPSYouth Engagement Programme, encompasses an edutainment agenda providing an onsite learning platform, engaging with high school students within the framework of STEM Education focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, to ultimately encourage them to pursue careers in the oil and gas industry.This year, the programme will feature field trips for the students to ExxonMobil’s blending plantstop notch world class facilities, aiming to expose them to fundamental business principles and HSE processes.
Moreover, the Digitalisation in Energy Zonewill be launched in a brand new format, covering eight sectors over three days on the exhibition floor focusing on the technology transformation in the oil and gas sector and recognising the progress achieved by the international companies operating in Egypt and over the world.
EGYPS executive committee has 24 more members up from 16 members including:
- HE Tarek El Molla, Minister, Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources and EGYPS 2020 Chairman
- Mohamed Saafan, First Undersecretary for Oil Affairs, Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Abed Ezz El Regal, CEO, EGPC
- Osama El Bakly, Chairman, EGAS
- Mohamed Abd El Azeem, Chairman, Ganope
- SaadHelal, Chairman, ECHEM
- Osama Mobarez, Undersecretary for Minister’s Technical Office, Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Sara Salem, Head of Conferences & Exhibitions, Minister’s Technical Office, Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Abu Fitri A Jalil, Chief Executive Officer, PETRONAS Egypt Operations
- Manolis Markakis, Oil Supply & Operations Senior Director, Hellenic Petroleum
- Demetris Fessas, Executive Director, Cyprus Hydrocarbons Company
- David Chi, Regional Vice President and General Manager, Apache
- Khaled Kacem, Vice President Upstream, Country Chairman and Managing Director, Shell
- HeshamMekawi, North Africa Regional President, BP
- Luca De Caro, Country Manager, Eni
- Hesham El Amroussy, Chairman and Managing Director, EXXONMOBIL
- Nicolas Katcharov, Vice President MENA Operations, Edison International
- HussamAbuSeif, Country Director Egypt, Sudan and South Sudan, Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Peyami Oven, Managing Director, TOTAL
- Kamel Al Sawi, President, Kuwait Energy
- Colby Fuser, Vice President Egypt and Libya, Halliburton
- Karim Badawi, Vice President & Managing Director, Schlumberger
- Ali Al Jarwan, Chief Executive Officer, Dragon Oil
- Khaled Abu Bakr, Executive Chairman, TAQA Arabia
- Gehad Nasr, Country Chairman, Chevron
- Burhan Al Hashemi, Managing Director, ENOC Marketing
- SamehSabry, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, WintershallDea