Organisers expect 400 exhibiting companies and over 10,000 visitors from more than 20 countries, to take part in the Egypt Petroleum Show – EGYPS 2017 across 12,000 square metres of net space.
The Show will take place at the Cairo International Convention Centre, 14-16 February 2017.
Eight international pavilions, confirmed their participation for the Egypt Petroleum Show – including companies from major oil producing countries, among which Bahrain, China, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Italy, South Korea, and France.
“It is a great privilege for the Energy Industries Council (EIC), the leading trade association for UK-registered companies working in the global energy industries, to be hosting the UK pavilion at the first ever Egypt Petroleum Show (EGYPS). Given the incredible resources the country has – 4.4b billion barrels of proven oil reserves – and the huge effort being put into developing these, I am confident that EGYPS will quickly become one of the most important oil and gas industry events worldwide,” said Terry Willis, Director, Middle East and Africa, of the EIC.
To date, 90 percent of the exhibition is already sold out of which 30 percent are Local Egyptian companies including PetroJet, Ruhrpumpen Egypt, Maridive Group, the Ayadsons Group, and Petroleum Air Services (PAS) while the other 70 percent are international companies from across the globe.
EGYPS will also host 7 National Oil Companies and 7 International Oil Companies in its very first edition. The National Oil Companies include Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS), Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM), and Ganoub El Wadi Petroleum Holding Company; regionally-The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO), Arabian Geophysical & Surveying Company (ARGAS), and Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC).
Meanwhile, the participating International Oil Companies include EXXONMOBIL, ENI, BP, APACHE, SHELL, EDISON and ENI at the 2017 event, organisers revealed.
“EGYPS is considered one of the most important events to be held in 2017 and serves as a gateway to the growing oil and gas market in Egypt. We believe Egypt will benefit from such events that lead to the exchange of experiences and attract experts from all over the world. Such events bring together government officials, senior executives and decision-makers, face to face to work together in finding solutions and addressing challenges as well as discussing new opportunities in the sector.” Hesham Mekawi, Regional President of BP North Africa, EGYPS 2017 platinum sponsor, said.
“Egypt’s oil and gas sector continues to demonstrate flexibility in responding to the changing industry outlook, by working in partnership with IOCs to reach the right balance between securing economic sources of energy to the country whilst ensuring competitive returns to investors. We have confidence in Egypt and its potential, and we are committed to using the most advanced exploration and drilling technologies to help secure Egypt’s energy future,” Mekawi added.
Held under the high patronage of President of Egypt, and support of the Ministry of Petroleum, and organised by the Global Energy division of dmg :: events, EGYPS 2017 is the largest platform for oil and gas professionals in North Africa comprising of 3 dedicated conference tracks: Strategic, Technical and the Women In Energy conference , 3 exhibition halls, and an EGYPS Petroleum Club feature set up.
EGYPS 2017 programme will feature 28 technical conference sessions, covering over 10 technical categories that will tackle some of the most imminent topics in the energy sector. In addition to a 2-day strategic industry conference covering 7 sessions and panel discussions with global business leaders including Bob Dudley Group Chief Executive, BP; Claudio Descalzi CEO, Eni; Sara Akbar CEO, Kuwait Energy Company; Martin Craighead CEO, Baker Hughes; Catherine MacGregor President, Reservoir Characterisation Group Schlumberger; Nigel Searle President, Lubricants Global Business Unit ExxonMobil; Momar Nguer President of Marketing and Services & Member of the Executive Committee, Total; Eric Carre Executive Vice President, Global Business Lines Halliburton; Maurizio Coratella CEO, Exploration and Production, Edison Spa, Nabil Bourisli Managing Director, International Marketing Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and Frederico Justus President, Regional Operations Weatherford International.
EGYPS will also host a one day dedicated women in energy conference to cover 8 sessions focusing on the women in the industry.
The three-day event is bound to kick off next February 14-16 under the support and interest of Exxon Mobil (diamond sponsor), British Petroleum & ENI (platinum sponsors), Schlumberger (golden sponsor), Halliburton (silver sponsor), and Middle East Oil Refinery (MIDOR) and Baker Hughes (bronze sponsors).