Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry discussed the latest developments in Gaza with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Sunday, Al-Ahram Arabic news website reported.
Shourky and Abbas discussed via telephone Egyptian efforts to restore the truce and indirect talks between Palestinians and Israelis in Cairo.
Palestinian sources had already told Ahram Online that there had been talks about a new 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza. Earlier the Palestinian delegation in Cairo said that it would pull back from the talks unless the Israeli negotiators returned. The Israeli negotiators left Cairo early morning.
On Saturday Israel launched more than 30 rockets attacks, killing nine Palestinians, while Palestinian militant factions fired rockets back as well.
According to the latest death toll not less than 1,917 Palestinians have been killed.
Shoukry also spoke with his Norwegian counterpart on Sunday afternoon. They discussed the reconstruction plan for Gaza after the destruction of infrastructure as well schools and houses in the latest Israeli attack.
Source : Ahram online